Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Just Whip It!


Today out of curiosity i wanted to make a whipped butter for my hair. I took some raw Shea butter and melted it just a bit. After that i used coconut oil, olive oil, castor oil and some Aloe Vera Juice since i didn't have Aloe Vera gel. To my surprise after mixing in all the ingredients the Aloe Vera juice mixed in just fine. End result you might ask? My whipped butter came out perfect! It so nice and fluffy. The heat from my hands allows it to melt almost instantly! Im going to try this on my hair and see what happens. I plan on using this for my hair and body. I already tried some on my arms and hands. My skin feels soo soft!!! Go on and give this recipe a try. It's a win, win either way! ;)

Whipped Shea Butter
3tbs Shea butter
coconut oil- Did not measure- just eyeballed it
olive oil- Did not measure- just eyeballed it
castor oil- 4 drops
aloe Vera juice- 2 tbs

Heat your Shea butter so it's easier to work with when you mix it with all other ingredients.
Make sure you have a container to store your mixture. You do not have to put this in the freezer in order for it to solidifie. It will do that on its own over time.
Thanks for tuning in love bugs!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a good mixture. i just hope this isn't expensive

    ReplyDelete
  2. I purchased everything at my local wal-mart. Except for the Shea butter. You can purchase that online. The Olive oil was about $5 Castor oil $4 Extra virgin coconut oil $10 and Aloe Vera juice was like $8. You can use any type of oil you please and you don't have to use the aloe Vera juice. I just used what i had at hand.

    ReplyDelete