Thursday, May 10, 2012

I Used To Be An Addict.... Product Junkie That Is!

I'm sure im not the only one who went product crazy when they first went natural! I wanted to try any and everything under the sun! Price surely didn't matter to me either. I would visit the hair product isles of walmart countless times a week. NO lie! Thankfully i broke out of the habit of buying products just because i could! Sometimes products would go unused simply because i forgot about them. I don't know about you but money is kinda tight on my end until i accomplish a few things in my personal life. Through trial and error i found the products that work best for my hair. Every now and then i will splurge and purchase a product i may have heard about but not often. Nevertheless the junkie within me still longs to be unleashed again!
Trying to stay product sober! Lol.

Are you a product junkie?
Were you a product junkie at some point? What made you stop?

6 comments:

  1. I'm not a product junky yet but I can see it coming. I've been wearing twist and braids for the last year to get rid of my perm and now I'm ready for something different. I'm open to suggestions and all ears! I'm new to this so work with me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I couldn't have waited a year to big chop! I was too anxious to see and care for my hair. I encourage you to try different product's though. It's really a great way and only way to figure out what works best for your hair and what doesn't. I'm a conditioner fanatic! So most of my money goes towards trying a variety of conditioners! Any time you have questions im here for you sis!
      I have one suggestion i can think of off top on product. I just recently tried out Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Line! It is amazing! Truly it is. I will be posting a product review on this line soon. In the mean time there are plenty of reviews via you-tube raving about these products! =]

      Delete
  2. When I first went natural I tryed alot of products for my hair. Now I mostly use all kinds of oils and my shea butter mix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What do you include in your Shea butter mix? I put olive oil, coconut oil, castor oil, and aloe juice in mine.

      Delete
  3. Lol, I was definitely a bit of a product junkie, I just couldn't try enough products on my hair! But I've definitely toned it down some, lol...I pretty much just use the bare necessities like coconut oil or jojoba oil...a good shampoo/conditioner, and sometime a leave in treatment...I am looking forward to hearing about what conditioners you enjoy using and have good results with! Blessings ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After my bad experience using a certain product I just felt the need to try I slowed my roll. Lol

      Delete